2008 - [Convergence] Marvels & Sensations (Intro to Saidar)

Winter's Tower, Patternwheel & others...

Moderator: TayaJai

TayaJai
Site Admin

2008 - [Convergence] Marvels & Sensations (Intro to Saidar)

Post by TayaJai »

Archived from Convergence
http://www.writersconverge.com/forum/vi ... f=17&t=692

Marvels & Sensations (Celes&Serena)
by Andrea on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Ooc: The Challenge to these these classes is that so many of us have actually taken them so many times. Lets see how entertaining we can make this, hm?

It had always been the preference of her own quarters that Maegan would teach a new initiate how to surrender and weave the wonderful power of Saidar but after the recent destructive nature of one Maeve Hali she felt reluctant to try it again. Losing even one precious teapot grated her something fierce, but to lose five, the girl barely made it out of the room before Maegan could teach the girl a very different sort of lesson. Yet in the process, Maegan learned something more of herself then the Novice could have understood and for that very reason Maegan had not hunt the novice down, allowing that fear to riddle the girl as more than enough punishment for the breaking of irreplaceable porcelain.

For this very reason, the short Cairhien reserved a small classroom for these initial classes instead of taking the pains and putting the effort of opening up her own quarters. It was not nearly so calming, or casual as that of her quarters. Of course her room being one of the larger suits in the Ajah Halls, given her station, and her status as a Sitter of the Hall could be perceived as intimidating enough, Maegan did try to make an novice more comfortable. Glancing around the classroom she now stood it, she let out a small sigh. "This will do."

. . . For now. Ideas for a Ter'Angreal wove its way in her mind as Maegan placed a slight illusional weave around the room, lightening the room and adding a few plants to various corners. When she was complete Maegan took a small seat in the middle of the room. One chair adjacent to her awaiting her newest charge. A soft knock on the door allowed the novice in white to enter. Shifting the rich brown curls over her shoulder Maegan smiled to the girl.

"Welcome, Novice Fawne. I am Maegan Ryanne Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. You may call me Maegan in private company. Come in and take a seat. There is tea you are welcome to." There was a wrinkle in her own skirt, but Maegan did not bother to adjust it. Instead she motioned for the girl to take a seat, "Just close the door behind you, if you please, and we can get started. Perhaps with telling me a story. Any story you wish."

Stories had little to do with the lesson yet everything to do with the pupil. It was not just the imagination but also the level of how well trained or untrained the mind of a person was when asked for a story without time to prepare. How well Fawne will respond had Maegan smiling warmly and eagerness twinkling in her eyes.

Maegan Ryanne
Sitter of the Red Ajah

Andrea
Wonder Woman

Re: Marvels & Sensations (Celes)
by Celes on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Breakfast was a feast, it was the time you had to start your day and to fill your empty stomach with honey rolls, black tea and fruit. Yes, the time of day to start building up the energy for the rest of the day. An important meal, maybe even the most important of all as it was also a place and time of calm. Whereas at dinner, business could be discussed and among novices, homework questions exchanged, at breakfast all was quiet. People were waking up, gathering their thoughts and preparing themselves for the day to come. Not Fawne Namere however, today she was not this lucky.

Being new to the Tower meant starting all the way at the bottom. Where her introductions to her mentor, her roommates and her classes had been friendly and considerate her first few days even pleasant, after a week or so the chores were a novice’s drive. She had to do chores before breakfast, during and after and they went on all day. They were said to be in addition to studies, but Fawne found little time for her studies and when she did, she was yawning and trying to keep her head on the matter, or she would be failing courses. This morning was no different, before the first bell rung Fawne woke up to start her chore of preparing breakfast for her fellow novices. She and three others were asked to make the porridge and to help roll the honey breads.

One of the girls burned her hand on the stove and was sent to the Infirmary, Fawne scolded her as she knew this girl had done it on purpose. Nobody smiled that big a grin when her hand was bright red burning with pain. However, choosing this same escape was not Fawne’s way of doing things and she worked extra hard along with her fellow novices to get all the work done in time for breakfast. A few minutes they had to down their own porridge and to break a piece of bread, before the second chore came: to clean the tables. Fawne bent over the table she was cleaning, feeling her back strain with every stretch from her arm when she caught sight of Lucienne who had been to the Infirmary earlier. Her hand was tucked nicely in a white clean bandage and she looked absolutely radiant.

“Fawne, I am excused from kitchen duty!” she called and smiled, “I am going to write notes for Accepted Sienne, is it not a shame that I am no longer with the group?” but her eyes told a different tale. Lucienne was afraid of the hard work and this was her best excuse out of it. A Yellow Sister had helped her, without intent of pushing a novice out of a chore she hated. Fawne had to control herself not to spit on the ground in front of Lucienne’s feet, as she knew it would cause more heartache than glee. She finally ended the chore of cleaning and had a few minutes to wash up before her class started.

Maegan Sedai would be teaching her about Saidar and Fawne had promised herself that no ten dirty pots would stand between herself and making it on time for the class. She was pacing herself, not running as she knew that would only delay her pace when she was caught and made to apologize to her captor. Yes, after only 10 days in the Tower, Fawne was well aware of the rules and guidelines that novices abided to. And also the tricks that some novices pulled to get out from under these rules, often followed by punishment ranging in severity from more kitchen duty to a switching in the MoN’ office.

Maegen Ryanne Sedai was waiting for Fawne in one of the smaller classrooms. Fawne had been there before, which made it easier to find and to be on time. When she stepped through the door, she was baffled for a moment and could not speak to the Sister as the room looked so different. All of a sudden, all her pain and stress were alleviated as the warmth of a room with plants, cushions and warm colors washed over her. She could have cried, had she not realized who she was standing before.

Quickly she bopped into a curtsey and adressed the Aes Sedai proper, before accepting her grace of calling her by her name in this private session. “Good morning Aes Sedai, Maegan Sedai,” Fawne replied. She could not help herself but had to comment next, “I must say, this room looks not like the room I had my History of Cairhien class in two days ago, I must be mistaken for the location outside looks the same.” Her cheeks flushed at this comment and she wondered if this was the wrong tone to start her lesson. A mistake she hoped would be forgiven by the Red Sister who was kind enough to teach her this morning.

As Maegan opened the lesson with the question for Fawne to tell a story, she had to think for a while. “Maegan Sedai, I am not sure I have many stories to tell,” she felt a little embarressed by her answer. “I grew up in Tar Valon, in the Sirens Call inn with my father and I have travelled a little over the world when I was older. But I do believe the real story is starting here, in my studies as a novice in the Tower.”

Fawne Namere
Novice
My wiki page- character bios overview

Celes
The Pretender

Re: Marvels & Sensations (Celes&Serena)
by Serena on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:48 pm

N'Daye pulled her dress on over her head and grimaced. Not only had she gotten completely soaked that morning from her chores, she had been made fun of as well. Now, she had to go back and put on another silly dress. There were no full length mirror's in the novice rooms, and she was glad for it. If she had seen her reflection now she would have thrown something at it and broken the mirror. The bags under her eyes were tinted blue on her pasty complexion. I'll no ever get used to this cursed schedule. The Illianer girl had not kept hours like this for as long as she could remember. Even before she started digging graves for the dead, N'Daye would sit up at night praying to whoever would listen that her uncle woudn't come into her room.

Running a hand through her greasy chin length hair, the new novice swore she would learn as fast as she could so she could leave here again. The White Tower had been an opportunity for her to escape Illian, now all she wanted to do was leave. No one had been nice to her, and all they wanted her to do was chores. "I have no even started a class! Fortune prick me if they do be expecting me to stay and no give me lessons!" She cursed aloud.

Practicing a scowl on her face to ward off any unwanted presence, N'Daye threw open her door and jumped back. Darienna Sedai stood outside her room with a note in her hand. "N'Daye, you are to report to Maegan Sedai of the Red Ajah for your first lesson in Saidar." Red Ajah? Oh no! "Give her this note and there should not be any problem." No problem? The woman be Red Ajah! If there be no problem, then Fortune do be on my side.

N'Daye held the note and took off down the corridor. She would be late, no doubt. The Illianer novice did not want to be put in any Aes Sedai's bad books, let alone one of the Red Ajah. As she headed to the classroom snickers and giggles seemed to follow her. Why did they always laugh at her? Furrowing her brow even more than it already was, she attempted a harder scowl. It never seemed to work, though.

At last, she made it to the classroom. Pushing open the door quietly, she crept in. It wouldn't have mattered how quiet she stepped, both the Aes Sedai and the seated novice looked at her. Immediately N'Daye dropped into a forced, crooked curtsey with her grey eyes fixed on the floor. "Aes Sedai, Darienna Sedai did asked me to be giving you this note."

N'Daye Kishar
Novice

Serena
Writer

by Andrea on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:46 am

Prior to giving Fawne a response to her question, the door opened to admit another Novice. N'Dore? N'Dai . . . N'Daye! N'Daye strolled in with rather heavy steps for a novice of her size, Maegan could tell as sure as daylight from the moon, passing her a note. As she read the not over Maegan swiftly channeled a chair beside Fawne and motioned for the new novice to sit without looking up. A new charge in the same class, excellent. Although a one-on-one based class yielded better results, there was something that had to be said about pairings as well.

"You are late. Take a seat, N'Daye. This is Fawne Namere, and she will joining you in your lessons. Fawne, if you have not yet met, this is N'Daye Kishar. She will give you an example of a story while you think of one on your own." Maegan did break into a smile this time, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Any story will do, N'Daye."

Maegan Ryanne
~Welcome to lessons with Maegan... they are odd at best.

Andrea
Wonder Woman

by Serena on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

OOC: I think I will change the colour of font I'm using.

IC: N'Daye nodded to the other girl without looking at her and took the seat next to her. She wasn't listening and practically fell over her feet and into the chair as she grasped what Maegan Sedai had said. I will what?

Like a sailor caught stealing, her grey eyes opened as wide as saucers in shock. 'I do no be knowing any stories, Aes Sedai." The woman just stared back at her. Waiting for N'Daye to speak. This do be because I came in late. Her cheeks turned a rosey colour as her face seemed to burn. "Any story, Aes Sedai?"

N'Daye chewed on her lower lip and continued to stare at the floor, as if she would find her answer hidden between the tiles. Running a small hand through her greasy hair, she quickly glanced over at Fawne and saw the other novice looking at her in anticipation of her her story.

"I did grow up in Illian, the Perfumed Quarter. I do no know my parents, and do care even less for my aunt and uncle." Was that enough? Perhaps, a little more. "Fortune did deliver me a job burrying the dead and washed up bodies from the river. Maybe there be something better for me here." Surely that was enough. N'Daye's shady gray eyes looked up at Maegan Sedai in hope that her story was good enough.
"That do be all, Aes Sedai." That was the most she had told anyone since arriving at the Tower. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to tell much more.

N'Daye Kishar
Novice
Last edited by Serena on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serena
Writer

by Andrea on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:50 am

Maegan raised an eyebrow at the two girls with a slight frown. "Storytelling is but one of many useful skills an Aes Sedai can learn. Thinking on your feet and having an open mind will help you with many tasks aside from simply attaining the shawl. It would be wise if both of you start to think on something to tell me by the end of this class when I ask again."

"Now, you are here today to learn one of the more essential aspects of becoming Aes Sedai. It is not the whole of being an Aes Sedai, but only those with the skill and the strength will be able to attain the shawl. You will Not channel unless in the presence of an Aes Sedai or Accepted, with their permission. Should I find either of you disobeying you will find yourself in a very uncomfortable situation before I send you to Darienna Sedai for punishment. Understood?" She waited a moment for a nod of acceptance from the two Novices and then continued. "The feeling of Saidar is so immense and addictive that you might be tempted to take in more than you can safely handle. This could result in a myriad of bad consequences, among them hurting or killing others, hurting or killing yourself, or even worse yet, Stilling yourself. An Aes Sedai or Accepted there with you can moderate the amount you attempt to handle, and ensure that your flows don’t go out of control."

Clearing her through a little, Maegan picked up her cup of tea and took a sip of it. Not sweet enough. "Now that I have that out of the way, today I will be instructing you in the basics of Saidar and the primary theory and basis behind it. Tomorrow I will be guiding you through the first steps of how to Channel followed by basic weaves. Help yourself to tea, this will be an informative session and I have no intention of you two falling asleep on me."

"The True Source is made up of two complementary parts: Saidin, the male half and Saidar, the female half. Only women can touch Saidar and only men Saidin. Most people cannot sense or touch the True Source, only two or three percent of all the people in the known world have the ability to touch the One Power. When a person draws from the Source and controls its flows to achieve a desired result that is called channeling.”

“But what exactly is Saidar? Well, many people would give you just as many answers on that question. The White Ajah has debated about this for years to no real avail. But what it seems to be is the very essence of energy in all things, even life itself. When a woman channels, she takes threads of that energy, the One Power, and weaves them to perform various tasks. For example I could use the Power to lift this teacup,” Maegan then embraced Saidar and channeled the simple weave of Air at the small object, causing it to rise from both her student’s hands simultaneously, “Lift your hand, it floats in mid air, due to the simple weaves of Air that now hold it. You will be able to do that and much more very soon with the help of Saidar.

"Now back to our lesson. There are five different threads to the One Power, known as the Five Powers. They’re named after the elements their energies manipulate: Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Spirit. People who have the ability to channel typically have a greater natural ability deal with one or two different threads. Some rare individuals have a great ability with three of the threads. And even during the Age of Legends, according to some tomes we have, it was extremely rare to find someone who could handle four or five of the elements very strongly.”

“Typically, men were more adept with Fire and Earth, while women were more adept with Water and Air. Both were equally strong in Spirit it seems. But do not let this mislead you. Many girls believe that just because men are usually stronger in Fire and Earth, that they’re stronger over all. My Intro teacher told us <i>“There is no rock so strong that water and wind cannot wear away, no fire so fierce that water cannot quench it or wind snuff it out.”</i> Remember that if nothing else.”

“As I said before, the use on the One Power is addictive. The act of channeling makes a person feel more alive, so much that life without touching either Saidar or Saidin seems only a pale shade of what life should be. It is because of this reason that channeling is dangerous - drawing too much of the One Power can at the least sear the ability to channel out of a person, at the worst it can kill. Or as any channeler will tell you, at the least kill you and at the worst sear the ability to channel out of you forever. That is how sweet the feeling is that you will experience. You must learn how to remain strong in the face of that temptation. That is why girls who can learn are brought to the Tower. Even if they do not have the desire to rise to the Shawl, they MUST learn to control the urges lest they will hurt themselves or those around them.

“There have been times in the history of the Tower that Aes Sedai have been cut from the Source as punishment. This process, known as severing, is called Stilling.” She passed both girls a notebook, one of several she kept with in the room now that she had aquired it. “You must memorize all of those. Every night before you turn in ask your roommate to recite them to you three times and you’ll know them by heart in no time. I might ask you later, at random to tell me of one, though that is not the only reason why it is essential for you to know them. Only by remembering our past mistakes can we succeed in not repeating them. Learn from them so you do not have to pay the price of their foolishness.”

Returning her cup to the table. "That is the end of the lesson for the day. If you have any questions I will be more than willing to answer them. However, before you may leave, I do require a story of some kind. Either of you may start first."

Maegan Ryanne Sedai

Andrea
Wonder Woman

by Celes on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 am

When the other novice came in, Fawne looked up and studied the features of her fellow classmate. The girl looked different from other novices in the Tower and Fawne frowned when she heard the Illianer accent. Why was she forced to share this lesson? Why did she always have to share her classes with others who did not do their best at anything. She stopped a sigh from escaping her lips and listened to the story that N’Daye had to tell. Maegan Sedai did not look pleased, but Fawne thought that the other novice was an incredible storyteller. Or maybe it was more the topic she addressed, Fawne had never heard of someone who buried bodies, let alone someone her own age! She looked the other novice over again and thought that she should give this girl another chance. It was so easy to hide from the other novices and pretend that the ones that feared her did not make faces behind her back. Fawne put her hands in her lap, listening to Maegan’s words as the Aes Sedai spoke of Saidar and the five threads that made it up. Fawne did not have any questions, she found the lesson interesting but could not think of a question that would show that. Maybe in the next lesson she would!

N’Daye’s look changed as Maegan reminded them both that a story was due. Fawne nodded and said, “I have thought of a better story Maegan Sedai,” she started. Then looked at the other novice, making sure that she was not stepping on her toes but the girl seemed relieved. Though she quickly hid the emotion and Fawne hid a grin behind her hand as she coughed before starting her tale. “My dad used to tell me this story about a large castle somewhere far up north. It is set in a dark forest where creatures roam who eat those who stray from the main road. In this fortress a beautiful woman, round bellied and pregnant walked in and searched for help. Maya was her name and she was lost in this world of darkness and scary creatures. She had found a castle after a long journey, all alone and scared she thought it looked black and singed as if burned. Yet, she did enter and found a kind woman who offered her a bed and some food. Yet, that night the kind woman turned into a crazed demon woman who wanted to keep poor Maya for herself. For she wanted to take her baby, this child was said to be special. The woman knew that she could not run away as her belly had grown too big for her to carry it much longer. She decided to stay and try to make the best of it.

For weeks, she had to endure the crazed woman who told her over and over that she would have the child. For this child was destined to become great, yet she would not tell the poor woman why she needed the child. The young woman, Maya wanted to survive for her baby and gave birth on a cold night, all alone save for the baby she brought home from her stomach. The woman came in that morning and told Maya that her baby would never be safe, that she should stay with the woman in the black castle but Maya did not listen. She rolled the baby in blankets and kissed its forehead, swearing to protect it for always and forever.” She smiled, her dad usually kissed her on her forehead at this point, telling her that the story was ending and that Fawne could fall asleep now. Yet, she never did as she always hoped the story would last for so much longer.

“Maya could escape the castle when she regained her strength. Her baby girl was tucked in deep under her cloak and she stole a horse from the castle to get away. The woman discovered Maya had gone the next morning and cried long and hard, she had hoped Maya would stay with her and share the special child with her. She finally cried so hard that the skies broke open and a heavy rain pored like the tears over her cheeks.” Fawne swallowed, this was the point where her father’s eyes would go a bit darker and almost sad. Every time he told the story. “Maya escaped the rain and made it to a city with her child, where she met her prince and married him to raise her child with him. Months of joy and love followed and Maya and her family were happy. Then, when pain returned in their lives it did so with a bang. The crazed woman from the black fortress had somehow found Maya and wanted to find the family too. Maya decided to leave her baby with her fair prince, she would come back for her baby when she was safe to see her grow up. For now, this sacrifice had to be made and Maya would know her child would grow up to be a happy and healthy child if she were not there. That error she made to enter the woods and step into the black castle could not lead to her child’s demise.”

Fawne usually fell asleep a little sad after this story, but her dad finished it always with saying that the mother would one day find her daughter again. And so did Fawne, as this story needed a happy ending she felt. Even though she had also heard it different once, a version where Maya was caught by the crazy woman and never seen again. Fawne realized that she wanted to tell that part of the story, make it more her own somehow. “Maya was not seen again for many years. Her family lived on until she returned one day and told her daughter how beautiful she was, how she had grown up. And how in secret, she had always been there to watch over the little girl. They lived happily as a family again and Maya was sure that they were safe.” The story did end better without the mother somehow, Fawne thought and realized that silence filled the room around them. “So, ahmm how about your story N’Daye?” she said and smiled lightly. This had been a very personal story of hers, told by her father when she was a little girl, every night when Fawne would not go to sleep until she heard the story of the woman and the baby. It was her story, her bedtime story and hers and her dad’s alone and now she had shared it here. She felt as if her family was complete again, after so long whole again.

Celes
The Pretender

by Serena on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:20 pm

N'Daye sat uncomfortably as she felt she was scorned by Maegan Sedai. So her story hadn't been what the Aes Sedai had wanted...she didn't know a better one. Instead of listening intently to the lecture the Red Sister was giving, the Illianer novice was busy trying to think up a story that she could tell. The muscles in her neck went stiff, because she was trying so hard not to shake her head in dismay. Fortune prick me! I can no think of a story to tell!

Throughout the lesson, she drifted in and out of what was being said. "The feeling of Saidar is so immense and addictive that you might be tempted to take in more than you can safely handle. This could result in a myriad of bad consequences, among them hurting or killing others, hurting or killing yourself, or even worse yet, Stilling yourself. As she zoned in on the words, N'Daye merely looked up at Maegan and nodded. It would not have taken a genius to see that the novice's mind was working behind those shady gray eyes; however, N'Daye could not stop her thoughts from taking control of her. Addictive, hurting, killing, stilling...got it. She had no idea what Stilling meant, but discarded it as if the Aes Sedai had been warning them of a storm.

N'Daye heard snippets of the next part of the lesson, where Maegan Sedai mentioned the male half of the True Source and the fact that they seemed to be able to channel certain elements better than the females. If someone had asked her exactly which elements those were, she could not have repeated what the woman had just said to her only seconds before. Suddenly, the tea cup before her rose up into the air, and N'Daye practically jumped backwards. Do no be doing that!

“As I said before, the use on the One Power is addictive. The act of channeling makes a person feel more alive, so much that life without touching either Saidar or Saidin seems only a pale shade of what life should be." N'Daye's eyes lit up slightly. It seemed to her that the idea of channeling seemed to sound better and better. She wanted to feel alive, as opposed to lifeless as the bodies she had buried.

At the end of the lesson Fawne took the liberty to tell an incredibly detailed story. N'Daye was impressed, yet she found herself suddenly feeling competitive. What story could she tell? Fawne's story had been magical and intriguing. She had never been told stories when she was young. What was she to do?

Pursing her lips and chewing on the inside of her cheek, N'Daye looked from the Aes Sedai to Fawne and back again. "I will be doing my best." Swallowing hard, she began. "Long, long ago there did be a young, girl. Maybe she even be a princess. Her family did live a wonderful and happy life. One day," N'Daye licked her lips nervously. "a dark beast came, followed by a beautiful woman. The beast did summon the young girls parents and did be taking them off into a room. The young girl be left alone in the corridor.The girl did cry after her parents did be gone for what did seem like hours. As if to be answering her cry, a raven did swoop into the window and be perching on the sill. It did study her. Tilting its head from side to side." N'Daye tilted her head eerily in the same direction as the raven in her story.

"The raven did coo to her in an unsuspecting voice. He did be saying, 'little girl, there do be nothing to be crying for. You will do best to get back at the beast one day, for what he will be doing.' The little girl went to question the bird, but as she did try, a commotion did be occuring behind her, and suddenly she did find herself in the dark. It did be the darkest dark she had ever been experiencing. The raven, the beautiful mysterious lady, the beast, all did be gone." This do seem to be going better than I thought.

"When she did wake from this blackened dream, she did be finding herself in a tiny, dirty and dusty room. Her stomach did ache with hunger, and her skin did be itching from dirt. Years did be going by of that same dark room, and she did hardly see another soul. The raven did come to her in dreams to be telling her she needed to be retaliating against the beast. One night, as the beast did make his nightly visits to torment the girl, the girl did be putting herself into a trance as the man... N'Daye's eyes went wide as she realized her mistake. Attempting to recover, she cleared her throat and corrected herself, hoping no one noticed. "the beast had his way with her. The raven did come to her in her trance. 'Pray for me and you will be released from this bondage.' And the girl did pray. She did pray to the Light, and to the Dark, but nothing did come." Now, to somehow end this story... N'Daye had no idea what she was doing.

"Nothing did come. The girl grew older and did be relinquishing control to the beast at his will. She did never see her parents or the beautiful woman. The raven did continue to enter her dreams, but never did the girl be freed from the savage beast..." N'Daye's gray eyes shimmered, but she knew better than to cry. She attempted a look at Fawne and thought she caught something of fear in the girls eyes. Oh, maybe I should no end it there. "...until one day, a woman came and freed the girl from her cell. The woman did promise wonderful things, and the girl did be sure her life would change; however, no matter how much her life did be changing, the memory of the beast did linger forever. The girl did vow to return the horrid favour the beast did give to the girl, no matter which path the girl would be choosing." N'Daye's eyes darkened as she finished her story.

"That do be the only story I know, Aes Sedai." N'Daye looked up at the Aes Sedai once she was finished. There. A story, Fortune prick me!

N'Daye Kishar
Novice

Serena
Writer

by Andrea on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:02 am

Long winded and wonderful stories, Maegan nodded her head in approval. The content of the stories, however required reflection. Darker in nature, she did not let that knowledge or curiosity seep into her perfect Aes Sedai mask.

"Excellent, both of you. Your requirement for the day has been completed. I trust that you did listen to the lesson as you toiled over your stories. Tomorrow before you may enter the classroom you will tell me a story in no more or no less then five sentences some aspect of what you learned today." Passing both girls a red ribbon, "Also, tomorrow you are relieved of your usual chores. I will be teaching you how to embrace Saidar tomorrow and you will be needing your strength. Eat well and have a good long rest tonight. Tomorrow will be a very tiring day."

Waiting for the respected curtsies and agreements, Maegan dismissed both novices with a curious thought to her lips. Two girls of very different, and often feuding, backgrounds, how well will they work together? How far would challenges and competition go at the risk of sacrifice. It was a curious thought, no less, one worth thinking on. Dwell, perhaps, on another time. Picking up the tea pot and cups, Maegan headed to the kitchens to return them for cleaning by herself.

Maegan Ryanne
Ooc: Excellent! I LOVED them both! Nothing special is needed next, general reflection/interaction and return the next day with your story and we shall continue the lesson. You know the 'drill'.

Andrea
Wonder Woman

by Celes on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:36 am

Fawne bit her lip as N’Daye told her story and she had to keep a good composure not to show a hint of fear. The story was dark and a bit scary, Fawne was happy when the girl was finally freed from the beast and she listened to the end of the story with some relief. They were told to go now, the lesson was over but not before their teacher relieved them both of chores the next day. Fawne felt relieved about the story ending better than she had expected at first, relieved that the first class about Saidar had been nice and interesting and now she was bursting with joy at the idea of a chore-free day! She did a tiny shift of her feet, afraid to show off a dance, for the Aes Sedai mind could be fickle in these. Before Fawne knew it, she would be scrubbing pots all night before the day ended.

“That was quite a story, N’Daye,” she got an odd glance from the other novice. It had sounded as if Fawne did not like the story! She made a fist and felt it rub down her leg as they walked off together out of the classroom. “It was a bit dark and scary, but I did really like that. You told a good story I think,” Fawne added to show that she ahd actually liked N’Daye’s tale. She wondered about the other girl, where did she sleep? Who were her friends? Could she maybe share a task with Fawne that evening? She decided to just ask and so Fawne added quickly, before the other novice could asnwer, “N’Daye, would you like to share an assignment with me this evening? I have to write a bit for History of the world, we’re in Illian now and I’d love to pick your brain if that’s ok?” She smiled a little, hoping the other novice would be helpful indeed.

OOC: no need to do the actual assignment, just a bit of work together!
TayaJai
Site Admin

Re: 2008 - [Convergence] Marvels & Sensations (Intro to Said

Post by TayaJai »

Celes
The Pretender

by Serena on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 pm

N'Daye had attempted to get up, curtsy and leave the room before the other novice could speak to her; however, if she had ever had any luck, it was gone now.

“That was quite a story, N’Daye,” The Illianer novice turned in suprise towards Fawne. Why was the girl talking to her? Wasn't she afraid, or disgusted, or something? “It was a bit dark and scary, but I did really like that. You told a good story I think,” Confused and suspicious, N'Daye furrowed her brow. "uh....thanks." She murmered. No one spoke to N'Daye, let alone complimented something she did.

N'Daye's skin crawled as she felt increasingly more awkward and uncomfortable in the situation. She couldn't decide whether to be excited that someone was seemingly being nice to her, or to try and make up some excuse to get away.

“N’Daye, would you like to share an assignment with me this evening? I have to write a bit for History of the world, we’re in Illian now and I’d love to pick your brain if that’s ok?” Cringing inside, afraid of what to answer, N'Daye remained quiet for a moment. Another assignment? Do I look like I be having all the time in the world? Pursing her lips to keep from saying what she thought out loud, N'Daye shrugged.

"I suppose if I do find time. Our chores be out of the way tomorrow, no tonight. I do no know about you, but I do have a few more classes today and chores." N'Daye's face was hard, and her gray eyes cold. Why do I push everyone away? Out of the corner of her eye she caught the other novice's expression and wondered if she saw a little hurt on the girls face. If not hurt, than maybe a little disappointment.

Fortune prick me!N'Daye stopped walking abruptly and turned to Fawne. "I am sure I do have some time around dinner or afterwards. If you can no then, then I can no help you." After that, she took off in the opposite direction.

That evening, just after dinner, N'Daye met Fawne just outside of the Dining Halls. "I be here. I guess we should be getting this assignment done." She wasn't extremely impressed, but she had to keep telling herself maybe Fawne wasn't trying to manipulate her into some kind of prank. Then again, maybe she was. What do 'picking' my brain actually be?

N'Daye Kishar
Novice

OOC: Is this where you meant it to go? If not please let me know. If you want me to change anything than please let me know, too.

Serena
Writer

by Celes on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:25 am

The afternoon dragged its feet as it passed by Fawne Namere, who tried to concentrate on her other lessons. She was still thinking about the one she had been at earlier, with Maegan Sedai. The stories told, the lessons learnt it was all mediocre compared to what was promised for the next lesson. A touch of Saidar, meant that she would finally be on her way to become an Aes Sedai. Fawne had seen the change happen in other novices, they became more confident and more aware of their skill once they learnt to embrace the True Source. She hoped it would be that way for her as well. And as N’Daye came to find her in her room to help with the assignment, Fawne wondered what the other woman thought about this prospect. She dared not ask, but instead focused on asking questions about Illian. She got a lot of good information from the other novice and offered to help with Tar Valon chapters if N’Daye needed to. The girl had looked in a frown, her face stating that they were in Tar Valon, what’s there to know. But she did not say it, N’Daye nodded and accepted the offer in return for helping Fawne.

That night, she could not sleep as Fawne thought about what it would be like to life a tea cup without using our hands. What it would feel like to light a candle, or burn a flame with only the tip of your finger. It must be a marvel to have such a sensation of power flow through you! She finally fell into a deep sleep and dreamt of becoming an Aes Sedai, strong and independent. She would lead her own life and decide for herself. Waking up to the bell, Fawne realized she was late for breakfast but decided not to hurry this time. She had an apple stowed in her cupboard for late chores or missed dinners and bit into it on her way down to Maegan Ryanne’s class. She was early to arrive, so early even that the Red Sister had not arrived herself. Fawne moved towards the chair her teacher had occupied the day before and looked at it. It was simple, wood and not as elaborate as Fawne imagined it the day before. Was it all an imagination? She heard voices, two approaching swiftly and Fawne hurried to the seat she had taken the day before. Her eyes open, her ears careful to catch who were passing when the door swung open and the teacher and her fellow apprentice stepped in.

Fawne rose up from her seat to greet them both and said, “Good morning Maegan Sedai,” then turned to N’Daye, “Good morning N’Daye,” and smiled softly. She was excited to begin and wondered if this would be the day she would first touch the One Power.

Fawne Namere
Novice

Celes
The Pretender

by Andrea on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 am

The girls entered the room with better spirits then they had the day before. Tea sat waiting for them on the side of the room, but Maegan had no doubt that it will stay untouched as it had the day before. There were no chairs this time and Maegan sat in the middle of the room on a soft pillow shaded a light red. Two other pillows, one Green and the other Blue were adjacent to her awaiting for the girls to take a seat.

"Welcome Girls. I have looked forward to this class and would like to start right away. N'Daye you may start and then take a seat after you have completed your Five Sentence stories you may take a seat and we shall begin."

Settling in, Maegan listened to each stories and commented appropriately to them. -[will edit after you girls posted. That way I can move on with the lesson.]-

"Well done, Now listen carefully. Yesterday you learned the basics of Saidar and how it functions. Today I will be teaching you how to touch Saidar. To embrace it and allow it to flow through you. I will be teaching you how to pull more into yourself and how to push it away so that only a trickle flows through you." Maegan's voice grew cold with a warning as she continued, "Control is absolutely vital when embracing Saidar. Although we embrace it, submitting to it and allowing it to flow through us we must not allow it to consume us completely. I can not stress this enough, nor emphasize how vitally important this is.

"I want you two to make yourself comfortable, move around any way you wish. You may lie down or sit up or stand. I would recommend sitting myself but whichever feels best for you is alright. I will start by taking you through the most simplest of Novice Exercises. Comfortable? Good. Now close your eyes and breath deep." Maegan intoned with a gentler voice. It carried through the room as a soft echo, she watched her students carefully as she continued. "Now, clear your mind of all thoughts but a single rosebud. Picture it as clearly as if you were holding it in your hand. Once you have the image firmly in your mind, begin to picture the sun on the rose, warming it. The rose begins to open to the sun, yearning for its warmth and light. Now, imagine that you are that bud, those petals are part of you, a shell, if you will. Inside is something you have only just found out about, a talent; you only vaguely know of it and wish to show the rest of the world and understand it deeper yourself by revealing it. Imagine the sun enveloping the rosebud that is now you; the light of the Creator as He watches you develop the Light-given gift He has blessed you with. The world watches, the Creator waits and the tightly-closed bud slowly opens to thrive in the nurturing sunlight.”

Andrea
Wonder Woman

by Serena on Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:12 pm

The evening went by slowly, and N'Daye was sure that it might take forever; however, somewhere deep inside, she was glad that she did not have to stay up late alone. Fawne was good company, and other than the fact that N'Daye couldn't get the idea that Fawne was trying to get "something" out of her, it could have been fun. But N'Daye wasn't really the 'fun' type.

After the assignment was done, N'Daye slinked back to her room slowly. She didn't want to go to bed, because she didn't, or couldn't, sleep. Instead, she knew she would lay there, eyes open and searching for something in the heavy dark room. It always felt as if the night pressed on her. She either felt as if something was hiding in the dark ready to strike her, or ready to embrace her. Which was it really? Was it anything, or just a trick of her mind?

The next morning, N'Daye rolled out of bed long before the sun would rise. She always made herself stay in bed as long as she possibly could, but there was only so much tossing, turning and pondering that one could do. Since she had no chores because of the day's supposed 'strenuous' lesson, she felt kind of out place. How strenuous could the One Power be? Shrugging, she headed down to the Dining Hall to eat some fruit. If and when she was hungry, N'Daye only seemed to be able to stomach fruit because it seemed light on her stomach.

After sitting and watching the other novices and Accepted stream into the Hall, she decided she had had enough of each and every one of them. No one paid attention to the pale, thin novice. If they did, they glanced at her and smirked, or looked away immediately. The only solace she could find was while she was actually taking her lessons.

N'Daye thought it would be a good idea to head to class early, but in the corridor she ran into Maegan Sedai, and inside the classroom Fawne was already there. She had hoped to be alone for a little while, but this would be better than nothing. I guess it do be better than sitting in the Dining Hall.

Quickly, she dipped into a curtsy for Maegan Sedai, and nodded and murmered a 'hello' to Fawne. The Red Sister took a seat on a red pillow and N'Daye took the green one.

"N'Daye you may start and then take a seat after you have completed your Five Sentence stories you may take a seat and we shall begin." It took her a minute before she realized the Aes Sedai was talking to her. Startled, N'Daye gave her head a little shake, as if she was trying to get her thoughts in order, and stood up. Five sentances? She had completely forgotten to come up with a story that was only five sentances long.

Spreading her hands open and whiping them down the front of her dress, the Illianer novice cleared her throat to prepare. "A bird was born some where near the Blight. It was raised by its mother, and discarded by it's father. One day his mother never came home, and he had to learn how to do things himself. Eventually, he learned to fly by watching the others. He grew large, powerful and did it all on his own." N'Daye looked at Maegan Sedai and waited until the woman bid her to sit down.

Once Fawne was done with her story, Maegan carried on with the lesson. The warning the Aes Sedai gave, was to be heeded, but N'Daye merely cast it aside as if the woman had told them the tea was hot. N'Daye did not want to have to close her eyes. She trusted no one.

"I will start by taking you through the most simplest of Novice Exercises. Comfortable?" No. "Good. Now close your eyes and breath deep." N'Daye wrinkled her nose at the thought of letting herself be vulnerable infront of these two strangers. Fawne had been the only person that she had actually shared anything of herself with in years. But close her eyes infront of her, and leave herself open to an attack of some kind? At first, N'Daye just stared at Maegan Sedai, but the woman prodded her on to close her eyes. When N'Daye thought it was safe to open her eyes again, she opened one eye first, and the Aes Sedai was still waiting for her to keep her eyes closed. Frowning, N'Daye closed the opened eye and held them closed tight.

I do not want to do this! She screamed in her head.

"Now, clear your mind of all thoughts but a single rosebud. Picture it as clearly as if you were holding it in your hand. Once you have the image firmly in your mind, begin to picture the sun on the rose, warming it. The rose begins to open to the sun, yearning for its warmth and light." As hard as she tried she could not get herself to picture anything but gortesque images in her mind. There was no rose, no sun, no warmth. Pursing her lips, she tried to push herself to visualize the blasted rose, but she could not.

"Now, imagine that you are that bud, those petals are part of you, a shell, if you will." N'Daye rolled her eyes behind her lids. Light, this do be ridiculous! I can no even picture the lightforsaken rose, how do I become it? It was futile. She tried and tried but she felt as if she was getting a headache from trying to push herself to do something she could not do.

The Aes Sedai went on and on about the warmth and the Light and the Creator, and N'Daye just got more and more furious. At last, she opened her eyes and through out her hands. "I can no do this! This do be ridiculous. There do be no rosebud, or light, or warmth, or whatever you do be going on about. There do be only dark and cold, and...and"...death. She finished in her head. No, there were deffinately no roses there. "Does there be some kind of alternative? Anything?"

What she needed was some serious help.

N'Daye Kishar
Novice

Serena
Writer

by Andrea on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:13 pm

It was the outburst of the Novice that caused Maegan to frown deeply as the Novice excercise was broken. Fawne felt close, very close, just before the other practically yelled at Maegan.

"I will not tolerate a childs temperment with a mans weapon. You will stand in that corner with your nose to the wall in absolute silence or I will send you to Darienna Sedai after I have inflicted my own displeasure. Now." Maegan's voice was unmoved and calm as her eyes bore into N'Daye. The look got the girl to scurry quickly to the corner Maegan pointed at. Nodding to the other Novice.

"Fawne, Do you wish to continue or would you like to try tomorrow instead?"

Maegan Ryanne Sedai
Red Sister

-If you want to continue the lesson than just carry on until she touches the source. If not, Fawn may be dismissed for the day. Completely up to you. ^_^

(And the Story was suppose to be about the last lesson. )

by Celes on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:19 am

As the lesson proceeded, Fawne listened with interest. She was here to learn what would one day make her Aes Sedai, how to touch and hold Saidar. Even before using it, she would have to learn to control it and the Aes Sedai before her made very clear the dangers involved in this practice. The story N’Daye told was powerful even with the use of only five sentences. The woman seemed to capture a lifetime in such a short story and Fawne was deeply impressed. She did not really know what to talk about after this story and thought about saying something about her first experience in Saidar. It would not be a story as much, but who could tell a full story in only five sentences. She watched as N’Daye finished her story and eyed Fawne to start, taking a deep breath the novice tried to count her words but failed after the first sentence. She only hoped this was what Maegan expected and that it would match up to be able to learn today.

“Eager did the novices enter the room, they were ready to learn about this new power that would envelop them completely. One of them found this power so great that she turned a bit scared and had to calm herself before she could continue to learn. The first assignment was to tell a story, like a bard entertaining a feast. Both stories spoke of darkness and fear, should there be fear when learning how to hold the power so great it can move a mountain? I guess that to learn how to control a great power, you must understand the darkness in that power and these novices understood.” Too long, she was sure of it when Maegan shot her a glance, but the Red Sister did not press the matter further and continued to teach them about Saidar.

The exercise seemed simple enough, but when Fawne tried to imagine the rosebud she found nothing. She could not imagine what the flower looked like until she did as Maegan Sedai said, to calm herself and let everything go but the rosebud. She had to clear her mind, thought started to drift through her mind now, moving out of her head and leaving Fawne to imagine the rosebud. Now she would open the petals, one by one but after the first one opened a cry came from right next to her. N’Daye was bursting out and Fawne completely lost what she was doing. She recognized the fear in N’Daye but also felt anger at the other novice, for screaming through the exercise. Fear, it did not have to drive the other novice into this!

She suddenly saw her father’s face, gleaming proud at her for wanting to learn. For doing as he had said that she would, to learn to control Saidar. It was Alex who had brought Fawne to te Tower, to be tested at age eleven by a Red Sister, Leona Sedai. She was told that she too young and too weak to learn but that one day she should return for a testing and then she might. Fawne knew that her father would be proud. He would know his daughter was learning to become Aes Sedai and if he were still alive, he would protect his daughter, almost like a warder could, as he was once a warder himself. She smiled at the memory of her father and did not listen anymore as Maegan spoke to the other novice. She blocked out the pain she felt radiating from N’Daye and opened her mind to clear the thoughts, she saw her father’s eyes and then there was the rosebud again.

The Red Sister asked Fawne if she wanted to continue her lesson, Fawne nodded. “Yes please, I would like to give it another try if that’s ok.” A nod proved that it was, Fawne closed her eyes this time, a little guilt being pushed down for wanting to learn when N’Daye was being punished at the same time. She did not want to feel the guilt, she was not here to learn with N’Daye but to learn to embrace Saidar. She tried again, opening the rose petals one by one and trying to feel what would happen. Nothing did. She opened her eyes and wanted to ask Maegan Sedai what had happened, what would happen next when she felt something warm, like a warm light that grabbed her and rose her high up in the air. Fawne felt as if she was dancing on air, high above the clouds and closed her eyes to embrace that feeling when suddenly it was gone, just as easy as it had come to her.

“I’m sorry Maegan Sedai, I guess my concentration is gone. I felt for a brief moment a warmth and a light that shone and warmed me, but now it is gone.” Her eyes fell over the figure that stood in the corner, N’Daye. The other novice could not feel this warmth and embrace the light as Fawne had, she felt a little sorry for her now. A hint of guilt shining through that she had not quit the lesson too. But then, she truly wanted to learn and not give up now. Her father smiled at her again and Fawne smiled back knowing that he was proud of her.

Celes
The Pretender

by Serena on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 am

"I will not tolerate a childs temperment with a mans weapon. You will stand in that corner with your nose to the wall in absolute silence or I will send you to Darienna Sedai after I have inflicted my own displeasure. Now."

N'Daye's jaw dropped open in shock. Her gray eyes opened as wide as tea cups. Redness infiltrated the Illianer novices pale cheeks, as she balanced between being infuriated and embarassed. A hard ball formed in her throat that made it hard for her to swallow. "Yes, Aes Sedai." She squeaked.

Quickly, she stood up and headed for the wall. Did the woman really mean for her to touch her nose against the wall. Surely not! N'Daye stood close to the wall, and pouted. Her embrassment turned into rage and she cursed continuously in her thoughts. She called Maegan Sedai every name in the book, and when she was done, she just stared at the stone in the wall.

It wasn't difficult to hear what was going on, and the novice couldn't help but listen to the lesson. As she stood there in the corner she became more and more calm. Perhaps it was the fact that she was bored and all she had to stare at was the cool stone wall. Finally, she closed her eyes. To her suprise she imagine a small rose bud, much like the one she figured the Aes Sedai was talking about. In her mind, she imagined the story she had told the class before and pictured the wonderful life of the little girl and her parents. Warmth seemed to encompass her, as if it came from within her. She imagined the warmth to be the colour of the sun and watched as the suns rays filtered into the rose bud. For a moment, for a brief beautiful moment, she felt warm and tingly. She felt more alive than she had ever felt in her life before. Ecstacy, pure blissful energy seemed to fill her. On top of that, she felt powerful, and she enjoyed it.

As fast as it had occurred, it was gone again. N'Dayes gray eyes popped open with shock. Did that be it? Her heart skipped a beat and her stomach did flip flops. If that do be Saidar than I do want more of it! I have no ever felt like that in my life.

N'Daye Kishar
Novice

OOC: Was that ok?

Serena
Writer

by Andrea on Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:45 pm

It was a small smile that pulled at the edge of her lips as she saw the faint glow around not just one but both her students. It was a puty that one needed a far firmer hand yet both seemed to have wield the same results. Few teachers were ever so lucky to have one student be able to touch the One Power let alone two, even in the same lesson. Pushing her spectacles up a little on her nose, Maegan nodded to Fawne with a smile.

"Few are able to touch Saidar as quickly as you did. Many have tried for months to achieve what little grasp of it you have today. Consider yourself proud and a job well done. We can continue tomorrow and perhaps we will be able to take it a step farther, hm?" She watched the girls face intently, catching movements and how her words effected the girl and storing it away for another lesson. It could be that N'Daye responded well to the firm hand and Fawne to praise and pride. Maegan would need to be careful no to tip the balance to think that she favored one over the other. A balance that would need to be carefully monitored throught the course of her lessons.

"That will conclude our lesson for the day, You are free to go Fawne. Eat well and as you will be needing your strength. Take your time to study various uses of the 5 elements as I will be quizing you on them at the beginning of our next lesson." It was a simple dismissal and Maegan watched Fawne leave. Pouring herself tea and then a second cup with a touch of fire to warm the water. Sugar stirred in, heaps of it, Maegan sipped it and enjoyed the tea for a long few minutes before speaking to the child in the corner.

"You may come back and take a seat, N'Daye. Take a sip of tea and then explain to me what happened in my class today."

Maegan Ryanne
Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah

Andrea
Wonder Woman

by Celes on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:22 am

As Maegan dismissed the class, Fawne felt weary for leaving. She really wanted to stay and see what N’Dyae would do next. Had she felt what Fawne had just felt or would she learn that now? Fawne was very proud when she heard the Sister speak to her about how well she had done. It felt incredible to be recognized like this and she smiled, bopped a curtsy and thanked the Aes Sedai for the lesson. One last glance at N’Daye and then she moved out of the classroom. She waited a few minutes outside the door, the other novice would probably like to hear all about her experience with this touching but the door was closed and N’Daye did not come out.

Stopping just around the corner, Fawne thought about waiting for N’Daye there and talking to her, but maybe the other novice would really hate that Fawne had not given up the lesson. She decided to turn back and catch the woman, perhaps to explain that she had only wanted to learn so badly. The door was still shut and Fawne placed her head against it to hear if they were still in the class room. She heard Maegan Ryanne speak, something about tea and N’Daye’s feet were moving. It was remarkable how well Fawne could hear through the thick wooden door and she could not resist staying there.

She wanted to know what would happen next. It was very special for a novice to be asked for tea by an Aes Sedai and ask her about the lesson. Especially a novice who had misbehaved so clearly! Fawne sniggered at the thought that N’Daye had won the Aes Sedai over and listened as they spoke. She was not afraid of getting caught, actually she had completely forgotten that she could get caught and seriously punished for eavesdropping on an Aes Sedai. Fawne felt her heart race in her chest, pushing her head against the door to hear.

Fawne Namere
Eavesdropping

OOC: I assumed that Maegen would not use an evesdropping ward when talking to the novice, but if so then I can edit!

Celes
The Pretender

by Serena on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 pm

N'Daye stood by the wall with her eyes closed, she wanted to feel that glorious feeling again; but it was hard. She couldn't concentrate as she heard the Aes Sedai praise Fawne for her wonderful feat of embracing the True Source. Had the woman even noticed that she had done it too? Atleast, N'Daye thought she had done it. It didn't matter anyways, the Illianer novice was sure to be sent to the Mistress of Novices office to be punished. Would it be thrashings this time?

N'Daye could feel Fawne's eyes brush over her as she was dismissed. Do no look at me! Her cheeks reddened with shame. I could no help the thoughts that did enter my mind.

"You may come back and take a seat, N'Daye. Take a sip of tea and then explain to me what happened in my class today."

The novice rolled her eyes at the wall, then slowly stepped away from it to face Maegan Sedai. Swallowing hard, she walked over to the Aes Sedai, took a seat, and a cup of tea. Looking down into the liquid, she wondered how she would explain what she had seen in her mind. No one would understand, she was sure of it.

At last, she took a sip of the tea, and it made a funny feeling in her stomach. It really was some of the only food she had had that day, despite the warnings to eat a healthy meal before the lesson.

Gray eyes peered over the edge of the cup at the Red Sister. "I do no want to talk about it. You will no understand." N'Dayes throat began to ache as tears built up in her eyes. She tried to swallow the lump down, but she couldn't. Why did she suddenly feel like it was ok to cry? It wasn't ok to cry infront of anybody. Her eyes shone with the tears threatening to fall. Do no cry! You are weak if you do be crying!

Taking another sip of tea to try and wash down the horrible lump in her throat, she attempted to explain her problem to Maegan Sedai. "I do have a problem feeling warm and alive. I did never have that. There always be pain and suffereing, and...and...death." There, it was out in the open, kind of. Maybe she should go a little further. Just a little. "Death be all I knew before coming to the White Tower. I did burry the dead that did be washing up on shore in the Perfumed Quarters. Cold, dark death."

N'Daye shivered although she was used to the dead. But suddenly it seemed so odd that it was something that she was so accustomed to. The other's at the Tower laughed at her, and had no idea that the silent dead could keep such good company. "I do respect the dead, but it do be hard to think of a beautiful warm flower when all you do be knowing is...death." N'Daye nodded and averted her eyes back to her cup of tea, would the Aes Sedai scorn her? No one seemed to understand her. Whatever she did, she did not want her tears to fall.

N'Daye Kishar
Novice