2003 - *Walzes in* (Lyanna)

This is for Green stuff from off-site Green forums (or on-site Green forums).

Moderator: TayaJai

TayaJai
Site Admin

2003 - *Walzes in* (Lyanna)

Post by TayaJai »

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/23/03 4:06 am)
*Walzes in*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*waves*

I miss you guys! *pouts*

*Walzes out again*

Lyanna Sedai

Eternal Greenie

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
Tay of the Twosome
(11/23/03 6:58 am)
Re: *Walzes in*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss you too *G* And you KNOW I would love it if you came back *S* I also know that if your account worked, that'd help *loL* But anyway...I guess f you have patience then you can come back when the problems are fixed...and I would love it if you had patience for that *G*

What would utterly make my day would be if Lannie and Ryell returned too *g* I would be so happy I'd pass out. But having you back is enough to make me dizzy anyway *loL*

Haven't quite convinced Mierin to return yet. Plus she has exams atm so it's not practical. but I will work on it *Grins*

*leaps around* Love you Lysie!!!Remember the good ole days and the Borderlands RP? Oh how I wish i had saved more of it!!

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/23/03 7:12 am)
Well, our lovely Ajah Head thinks it all very well and alright for me to slip right back into the saddle :)
So consider me around again :)

Ehm, yeah that RP account. It still doesn't work *grumps*

Anyway....I saw you guys come up with a major RP with fighting and brownies and hidden cities and all...heh. Lets make it so big that we forget the Borderlands, how's that?

Lyanna Sedai

Eternal Greenie

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
Tay of the Twosome
(11/23/03 8:58 am)
Now that sounds like a darn good idea *ggls*

BTW, the Trolloc RP kinda qualified at the time...but it just somehow wasn't the same. *S* Perhaps this time it will be, what with oldbies AND our fabulous newbies taking part? *G* I hope so!

Sirayn (aka Alaerien) is in charge of that RP so you might wanna check out the threads about that (one that was started by Telcia is below) and read over it - and contact Alae

While you can't access the RP boards, I need to forward you some cool RPs we've had lately. *g* I will do that tomorrow sometime!

Arie Tarou
Legandary Greenie
Keeper of the Multiple Pies
(11/23/03 9:05 am)
*ponders* aren't you the one Aes Sedai person that lives in PG, BC, Canada?

*wonders*

*kawaii_sa@hotmail.com*122171604*arie_designs@hotmail.com*

Alaerien
The Wild Child
(11/23/03 10:19 am)
Hello Lyanna!I'm Sirayn, Battle Ajah. I was chatting to Arette about RP account making and basically I came to the conclusion that if you fill out the page, you get a combined RP and Community account. So it doesn't matter what you say regards Organisations if you don't intend to join Community side. Feel free to ICQ (235168324) me or email me (alaerien@hotmail.com) if you want to join in on the AoL city hunt RP.

~Sirayn

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/23/03 10:23 am)
Hey Sirayn, thanks for the info.
I actually did manage to upgrade my account....but apparently only to a community account even though I stated I wanted to participate in the DRPSW...cause it will let me log in at the Community boards, but not on the RP boards

I do want to participate very much in the AoL city hunt RP...hope I can get this account thingie straigthened out tho.

@Arie: heh no, I am from the Netherlands actually

Alaerien
The Wild Child
(11/23/03 10:30 am)
You're welcome.I've read some of your RPing and Tays keeps talking about getting some old Greenies to come back, so I've been eagerly anticipating some rejoining Greens. -smiles-

DM is such a pest. -sighs- Try posting on the Discussion boards RP side to get it fixed. You can access two boards, I think, without an RP account.

Please do join us on the AoL city hunt.I've added you to the list of participants. Assuming you've read the scene-by-scene outline on the other thread it would be great if you could pop over and tell me what you'll be doing in the last few scenes - from Scene Eight where the Tar Valon party is divided into two, and onward.

~Sirayn

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/23/03 11:54 am)
hmmm I did report the bug (and with me a bunch of others) and they keep saying *theyre working on it*
Growls

anyway, I'm gonna skip over to the other thread, read the outline and tell you schtuff :)

Jehanine
Mean
(11/23/03 12:47 pm)
Lyanna! It will be such a pleasure playing with a legendary Green (well, besides Taya of course - she's a legend in her own right!)! Welcome back.

I would suggest rather than waiting for the slowpokes at DM to fix your account, you just make another one with another email. A friend of mine ended up having to do that, and his second account allowed him in just fine. You can sign up for hotmail accounts easily enough, if you don't have more than one email as it is.My two cents...

-Jeha

Alaerien
The Wild Child
(11/23/03 1:00 pm)
Lya, I'm so sorry, but I accidentally deleted the IMs you and practically everyone else in the world sent me.I think I read part of what you said. Sure you can come along. Whichever party you wanted to be in [recovering / battle] that's good too. Sorry!

~Sirayn

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
Tay of the Twosome
(11/23/03 7:54 pm)
Actually, Jeha, I told her we weren't meant to suggest making 2nd accounts (and in doing so I indirectly - and on purpose - suggested it, because it worked for me *G* And plenty of others!). So maybe that's her next option *S*

Jehanine
Mean
(11/23/03 8:44 pm)
OooooooooOoOoOOooops. -covers mouth- DON'T make too accounts, it is a Bad Thing®, for [subliminal message: DO IT DO IT!] which you will be very badly punished!!

alvyarin@hotmail.com
AIM: XxTheKittyxX

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
Tay of the Twosome
(11/23/03 9:49 pm)
*g* Well I and some others got told off recently for suggesting it as an option...but I still think that while the boards are sucking, we should be able to make it work however we can *G*

I mean you'd think it wouldn't be that difficult to delete an account, right? But apparently it is!

Taybgille_sedai/taylie
Green/Green +++ (DM-wide)
B+ Eos Gaidin (IC)/Saker Mandell, Eladari Menaka (OOC)
M+ SaidinIncarnate
Sister >>> Greenies p.p.f.: past/present/future.
Lil thing called MoN

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/23/03 11:28 pm)
Pple, let me tell you, the "Create a second account" option you guys are offering me doesnt work. Believe me, I've tried. Thing is, that when you create an RP account from scratch (with a new handle), it redirects you to the fill out form for a Community account. Sure, you can also state there which PSW you want to become a part of, but then again, when you hit submit, you get the message that you've just opted for a Community Account. Argl. The second one didn't let me log into the RP boards either, only into the Community Boards.

Even adapting your account doesn't work, when I hit "change profile" I only get redirected again to the fill out form (already filled out with my credentials and all) and then when I choose the right PSW again (which for some reason isn't checked anymore, while I DID check it when creating the account) and hit submit I get the message that someone else has chosen that screen name already. Well duh, yes of course, that would be me! But somehow the thing thinks I am someone else trying to register a screenname that already exists instead of it being me trying to upgrade/alter my own account.

Baseline: it doesn't work. And it annoys me to no end. argl.

eleanor al raim
Greenilicious
(11/23/03 11:39 pm)
Hey Lyanna,

Welcome back!

yay I'm not the only active Dutch Greenie anymore *grins* I believe all you gals (Lanfir, Nymmie and you) more or less quit DM when I was raised...

I hope they get your account settled soon.

Elle

Eleanor al'Raim
Green Ajah Community Welcomer

Eleanor Sedai
Head of the Reds

Eleanor_Sedai@hotmail.com

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/24/03 1:55 am)
Hi Elle! *waves*
Hah, the Dutch front is growing. Before long we're ready to take over the world again :)

By the way, do you know that I made that Icon you are using over there to the side? Thats a loooooong looooong time ago...:)

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
Tay of the Twosome
(11/24/03 2:08 am)
*lol* Yes it was a long time ago wasn't it? *sigh* Ahhh, memories...

And I'd be more than happy for us Aussies to surrender our title as Green Dominators if it only meant all my favourite Dutch gals (e.g. anyone who ever came out of Holland to DM it seems *lol* Lanfir, Ryell, Lyanna, Calliste, Eleanor... pattern here!?!) returned! The Norwegians aren't bad either *daydreams of Mierin*

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/24/03 4:59 am)
well, I don't think we'll ever see Ryell or Calliste again. Calliste is doing a whole different bunch of things (she and her boyfriend just bought a house and are living together now) and Ryell...ahh the fabulous Ryell seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. I have NO idea where she is or what she is doing. Too bad cause damn that girl could write.

As for Lannie...I'll try. But don't expect too much of it.

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
(11/24/03 5:37 am)
*lol* This is how I see things: as long as you are just RPing, there is generally no trouble, no politics to deal with. It's only when you get in a position of power (even if it's very limited power) that you get in trouble.

I am MoN on the Community side and I get a taste of the nastiness that goes on. But recently I have been let in on a little secret: the nastiness i'm exposed to is NOTHING compared to what the "higher ups" are exposed to *lol* e.g. Jason and all his immediate staff. I am sooo glad I have nothing to do with that part of DM! Hehe.

I didn't really expect Calliste back...was just reminiscing *G* And I don't expect Lannie back either. Sh'es been gone for so long, whereas you have been here more recently.

Ryell...well I need to try and email her again but last time I got no response. Still, the email didn't bounce back, so that gave me hope. Perhaps it was false hope *g* Ah well...I still hope! I got Mierin back didn't I!? Not back to DM but back to ICQ at least ;p That was no mean feat.

Kaylan Morin
Rabid Greenie
(11/24/03 5:52 am)
Hee hee, I suppose I should have welcomed you back properly, but I don't think you need it - you know that you are always welcome and always wanted in DM

I agree with you guys about missing the old DMers - I remember the Amber Snow RP, *sighs* I loved it. Those days were incredible.

Not that they aren't atm, but some of those women (and pretending men?) were absolutely amazing. Like the fallen Sapphos Trelawney (red). I used to talk to that guy sometimes, I wish I had taken the chance to RP with him/her when I could have - before it was too late.

Kaylan
Rabid Battle Sister
"I'm not lurkin', I'm standin' about. It's a whole different vibe."

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
(11/24/03 6:03 am)

Oh yeah - wasn't that the guy who played Mikalen? He WAS amazing.
Sapphos's death was incredible.

Those days in the BL Rp leading up to the battle were just so cool.
We were all so inspired *sniffles loudly*

I never saw when Amber died - DID she? Plus I never saw Gytta dying.
Lannie planned to kill her off, I assume she did in the end?

Kaylan Morin
Rabid Greenie
(11/24/03 6:09 am)

I can't remember, to be honest. *sighs*
"I'm not lurkin', I'm standin' about. It's a whole different vibe."

Lyanna Sedai
Mintie
(11/24/03 7:16 am)

Ahhhh the Amber Snow RP, that was amazing wasn't it. I think Amber
did die eventually, when she was captured by the shadow spawn which
lay in siege before Fal Dara. Damn, I can still remember every
aspect of that RP. I remember me working my ass off to get raised to
a full sister so I could tag along,

And the incredible fight between Ly and Ryell when Ryell found out
that Amber really was her sister. I so wish I still had that piece
of the RP, I know Ty has been hunting for it too but we can't find
it anywhere *sighs*

And Gytta, well, I think we never really got around to actually have
her killed, and later we just all assumed she was. Wasn't that what
started this whole RP? As a way to get rid of that extra, not
allowed Aes Sedai Lannie was playing?

Oh, and Sapphos' death and the suspicions afterwards on who was
Black and who was not. Ty, do you remember your RP's with Tania,
with Taya thinking Tania might be Black? Those were awsome. I don't
know whether Sapphos was played by Mikalen's player though. I was
bonded to Mikalen for a short while but he and I both became very
inactive so...the bond was broken.

Taya Sedai
Scary Sedai
Green to the Spleen
(11/25/03 5:40 am)

Yeah I used to talk to Mikalen alot. He was bonded to Rayalin for a
while wasn't he? At least Rayalin was his wife IRL. And yeah he did
play Sapphos, 'cause we talked about it alot and I was one of the
first to hear he would be killing her off.

I so wish I had not let the shitty OOC stuff at DM distract me from
saving the RP. And I also wish that Lannie and I had saved different
parts of it *g* We mostly saved the same stuff and then both slacked
off. Oh how I hate that!! Hehe.

I've actually got some small hope that I will find something at
least in my ICQ histories, 'cause quite often I have been known to
send RP posts via ICQ to someone who can't reach them, or just
someone who isn't involved int he RP...so I may have done that with
some BL stuff. I can only hope.

Yes I remember all the stuff with Taya and Tania. Didja know Taya
will probably soon find out the truth about Tania? All those old
faint suspicions will be confirmed. Also Taya became suspicious
again in the Trolloc RP when she saw Tania heal a Trolloc and let
him run away *S* Tannie had a good "Grey Ajah" explanation, e.g.
there had been enough bloodshed that day and she was sick of
it...compassion...blah blah. But Taya wasnt buying *G*

Anyway...I actually wrote something about Taya's reaction to Gytta's
death, long before Gytta's death was meant to happen.

As for the origins of the RP, I am not sure but if you say that's
what it was you prolly have a better idea than I do. I remember one
night Ryell said, "Hey, wanna hear what Lannie and I talked about
last night??? We have a really cool idea for an RP full of darkness
and death and..." Etc *g* I can probably find the ICQ history where
she said that actually. *sigh*

*quits rambling for the time being*

Page 1 2